Parking Violations

There are 3 ways to take care of a parking ticket. Your options are to pay the fine or come to the police department and speak to the officer who wrote the ticket or contest the ticket and request a hearing. To pay the parking ticket fine you may mail it in, pay in person at the DeKalb Municipal Building or DeKalb Police Department during business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday, or deposit it in a drop box.

To speak to the officer, you will need to come into the Police Department. It is best to call and ask what the working hours of the officer are. The phone number is 815-748-8400.

Request a Hearing
To request a hearing you must fully complete the Request for Administrative Hearing Parking Tickets form. Once completed, either mail or hand deliver the form to the City of DeKalb’s Legal Department at the address listed on the form. Once the completed form is received by the Legal Department, a Notice of Hearing will be mailed to you informing you of your hearing date.

If you wish to contest a Failure to Comply Ticket for a property maintenance violation, you must sign and date the section on the ticket requesting a hearing and return it to the City of DeKalb’s Municipal Building.

For more information, please contact the Legal Department.